How to Use This Site
The way the US Army performs the MEDEVAC mission in Afghanistan is the result of a myriad of intertwined historical and contemporary influences on doctrine, policy and procedures. Because this issue is complicated, this site strives to explain the background and context while still reporting on the rapid flow of new information on the topic.
The Basic Information and Resources
To help manage the combination of these, the web site is divided into pages which present information that will seldom if ever change. These pages are selected from the horizontal menu across the top of each web page:
Begin by reading about the long delayed MEDEVAC rescue and resulting death of SPC Chazray Clark to understand why this movement for change began.
Details and Updates
The details about any specific aspect of this issue are covered in posts, as are updates reflecting the results of our continuing research or new media reports.
The most recent posts are automatically displayed in reverse chronological order on the Home page, with the most current at the top. You can subscribe to this site so that you are notified when new posts are published. Or, you can visit the Home page and scroll through the most recent items.
As more current posts are published, the older posts are removed from the Home page. They are still available to you through four retrieval tools located on the right column:
Type in any word or phrase and any post or page that contains it will be listed for your review.
Categories are words that represent a topic covered within a post.
- Categories are listed at the bottom of each post. You can click on a category found there to be shown all posts with that category.
- Categories are shown in a Category Cloud on the right of every screen. The larger a word appears in the cloud, the more posts have been linked to that category. When you click on a word in the Category Cloud, all the posts assigned to that category will be displayed.
- Categories also are selectable from a dropdown list found on the right side of each screen
Tags are a way of describing topics with more specificity than Category. An example is a Category = Desserts, while Tags might be Pecan Pie or Chocolate Cake or Fruit Plate.
- Tags are listed at the bottom of each post. You can click on a tag found there to be shown all posts with that tag.
- Tags are shown in a Tag Cloud on the right of every screen. The larger a word appears in the cloud, the more posts have been tagged with that word. When you click on a word in the Tag Cloud, all the posts tagged with that word will be displayed.
Posts can be retrieved by selecting a month from the Archive tool’s list. All posts from the selected month will be displayed.